The 2019 CPA Alberta Annual General Meeting (AGM) was held in Calgary on September 26. The meeting was chaired by incoming Chair of the CPA Alberta Board Darrell Jones FCPA, FCMA, who also provided remarks as he formally accepted the Chair position. In addition, matters discussed included:
- The announcement of the results of the Board and Regulatory Votes. The report from CPA Alberta’s volunteer, independent Chief Scrutineer, Gill Hermans FCPA, FCGA, showed that:
- The three groups of amendments to the Rules of Professional Conduct were passed overwhelmingly, with more than 90% of ballots cast being in favour of the proposals.
- The four individuals elected to the CPA Alberta Board this year were:
- K. John Fuller CPA, CA (re-elected to a second term)
- Ruth McHugh FCPA, FCMA (re-elected to a second term)
- Dawn Sauvé CPA, CA
- Vince Vavrek FCPA, FCA, CGA
- Motions were passed to accept the minutes of the 2018 AGM and re-appoint RSM Canada as auditors for 2019/2020.
- A financial update from Audit and Risk Committee Chair (and incoming Vice-Chair of the CPA Alberta Board) Damian Zapisocky CPA, CA.
As well, CPA Alberta CEO Rachel Miller FCPA, FCA provided a presentation on “Factors Impacting CPA Alberta and the Alberta profession.”
Outgoing CPA Alberta Board Chair Curtis Palichuk FCPA, FCA, who was unable to attend the AGM in person, shared his thoughts via video as he formally passed the gavel to the new Chair. If you were unable to attend the AGM, you can see Curtis’s remarks below.
Message from Curtis Palichuk FCPA, FCA
Thank you to all who attended the 2019 AGM. The 2020 Annual General Meeting will be held in Edmonton on Monday, May 25, 2020.