Thank you for making the first annual Innovation, Technology, and Accounting Conference an incredible experience!
This past February, the downtown Edmonton Westin Hotel was buzzing as over 100 delegates attended two days of professional development dedicated to providing CPAs with actionable knowledge on everything tech—from data analytics to artificial intelligence, change management to the role leadership and governance plays in innovation.
A special thank you to all of our 2020 sponsors, including our Platinum Sponsor, Info~Tech Research Group; our WiFi Sponsor, PC Corp; our Lunch Sponsors, AltaML and Method1 Enterprise Software; and our Booth Sponsor, TELUS Business.
Highlights from the conference included:
- Four inspiring keynotes from:
- Shawn Kanungo, General Partner of Queen & Rook Capital
- Jonathan Schaeffer, professor in the Department of Computing Science at the University of Alberta, and the former Dean of Science
- Neil Hunter, Director of Human Capital at Deloitte
- Michele Romanow, CBC’s Dragons’ Den | Co-Founder, Clearbanc Tech
- A thought-provoking panel discussion on Innovation Brought to Life with panelist Darrell Jones FCPA, FCMA, Executive Vice President & Chief Information Officer of Canadian Western Bank (and current CPA Alberta Board Chair), Jeff LaFrenz, Co-founder of VizworX Inc., and Dr. Sharon McIntyre, Co-founder of New Cottage Industries & Co. Inc.
- Five case study and vendor demonstrations
- Four conversation pods led by subject matter experts that allowed participants to ask questions, share their experience and tackle issues and challenges they may be facing.
- Two Tech Talk presentations on the Internet of Things and the Value of Data, and Breaking Free of Digital Addiction
View our photo gallery to relive what you experienced, see what you missed, or get ready for next year!
Here’s what attendees said about their experience:
- “The first innovation, technology and accounting conference was well worth my time. The keynotes were excellent and I left with a much better practical understanding of some powerful emerging technologies. Kudos to the organizers!” – Nick Knight
- “I was THOROUGHLY impressed, WOW!!! I had such an amazing two days. I was blown away how organized and ON TIME the conference was. Very well done to the team that orchestrated the conference. I can’t express how happy I was with the conference, I learned so much and had the best time.” – Andrea
- “This was my first time attending (a CPA conference). I would recommend it to any CPA or IT person…I won the ticket on social media, and I am so grateful for winning, as it led me to meet some great connections, and I would consider looking into more conferences!” – Tatianna Pelletier
- “For the first year of the technology conference, it was put together extremely well. I gained some great knowledge as well as meet some great CPAs!” – Ken Ingram
We look forward to seeing you again in February 2021!
Sign-up to be the first to know when registration opens. You can also email email@example.com if you have any questions about the conference, are interested in presenting at the 2021 event, have topic suggestions, or are seeking details on sponsorship opportunities.