The Accounting Standards Oversight Council (AcSOC) is seeking new members to join the Accounting Standards Board (AcSB). If you are interested in contributing to the development of Canadian accounting standards, and ensuring they remain relevant to its stakeholders, then submit your resume by January 28, 2019.
The AcSB has an ambitious work program to address all categories of reporting entities and is looking for experienced individuals who:
- are committed to the AcSB’s strategic direction;
- have a broad vision;
- possess an understanding of accounting concepts; and
- are able to anticipate the implications of proposed standards.
AcSOC maintains a balance of different backgrounds and perspectives amongst the AcSB’s members. AcSOC is currently seeking expressions of interest from individuals who:
- are users of financial statements; and
- are preparers of financial statements using Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE).
More information, including how to apply, can be found on the AcSB website.