CPA Canada is hosting Western Canada’s largest indirect tax conference, focusing on the most important indirect tax issues facing Western Canadian businesses. The Symposium features general and concurrent sessions, as well as an optional workshop.
March 7-8, 2016 | Westin Calgary Hotel, Calgary, AB
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE COMMODITY TAX SYMPOSIUM – WEST?
Professionals who are serious about working in or advising businesses in the area of indirect taxation, such as:
- accounting professionals, lawyers, consultants and academics who research and advise in the areas of HST, GST, PST, customs and trade, and other indirect taxes
- senior executives and other professionals who lead internal commodity tax groups in industry and not-for-profit environments
- CRA, Department of Finance and provincial ministries of finance representatives charged with policy and compliance initiatives relating to sales taxes and other indirect taxes practitioners
- Canada’s current indirect tax landscape: audits and hot topics
- general PST issues
- panel on PST, carbon and motor fuel taxes
- indirect tax case law updates
- production machinery and equipment issues, and more
- U.S. Sales & Use Tax – A Practical Overview