Since July 11, you may have noticed CPA Alberta’s portal looking a bit different when you log in. That’s because we’ve been working hard behind the scenes to add new automation and functionalities for Alberta CPAs with this new portal. These new features include self-serve capabilities, streamlining communication between you and CPA Alberta, and giving you more access to your personal information.
With the successful soft launch of the new portal over the past few weeks, we are happy to share all of the new functionalities you can explore and use when you log in!
What’s new and different?
When you log into the portal, you’ll notice a few changes. Most noticeably, there is a new layout, which is meant to be more intuitive and easier to find information.
- On the new Dashboard, you will find a list of alerts specifically for you, including your CPD Tracker, Member Status, and Outstanding Invoices.
- The CPD Tracker shows you exactly how many hours you are away from meeting your goal. You can simply input your completed hours in the Record CPD Hours tab, which will reflect on the CPD Tracker. To also provide you with more access to your personal information, you can view all of your past CPD declarations under the My Account tab.
- Alberta CPAs can now complete and submit forms such as the pre-assessment questionnaire and other applications through the online portal. Updates from CPA Alberta on the status of your application can be found on your Notifications tab.
- The Notification tab also showcases important news and events, for example when your CPD declaration is due.
- The side menu also features a new Action Centre. In this area, you can complete tasks like updating personal information and viewing important information from CPA Alberta. You can also upload documents or files to send to directly to CPA Alberta, under the My Documents sub tab.
- The portal also includes an area for you to easily pay for fees or invoices under the Membership Renewal tab.
- Alberta CPAs can download receipts for their records. These will remain in the Invoices/Receipts tab, so you can access these during tax season or whenever you need to review them.
- You can submit donations to the CPA Education Foundation under the Donate and Make a Donation tab.
- Another feature that may be familiar is the ability to update your personal information, such as address, employment information, and email preference. This can be found under My Account.
Keep in mind that depending on your profile when you sign in (as an active or resigned member), you will have different levels of functionality, which means some features listed above may not be applicable.
Explore the new portal today by accessing the link here: https://portal.cpaalberta.ca/login.
If you have any questions or need help accessing your portal, please contact email@example.com.