In response to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, CPA Alberta’s in-person offerings, such as events, seminars, and one-on-one coaching have been canceled until further notice.
However, where possible, services will be delivered online. The details below provide an overview of the current state of CPA Alberta activities in these areas, including services now being offered, or being planned, online.
Professional Development (PD)
In-person PD courses scheduled up to June 30, 2020, have been canceled. If you are registered for an in-person session, but would like to transfer your registration into an online course, please go to the PD Portal, search CPA Alberta’s online options, and then proceed with the registration.
CPA Alberta has an assortment of online offerings still available. Search the PD Portal often as online opportunities are being updated!
As you may know, CPA Alberta’s Career Services team offers an array of resources to CPAs, CPA PEP candidates, and CPA PREP (pre-requisite) students.
The following services will be delivered as usual:
- Online resume reviews: Send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our Career Advisors will review it and send feedback for improvements.
- Webinars: Scheduled webinars will be delivered as scheduled. Click here for our event schedule and to register.
- Job Board: Our job board will continue to operate as usual, featuring job postings and numerous job search resources, like articles and webinar recordings.
The services below have switched to online delivery for the time being:
- One-on-one career and job search coaching: These coaching sessions will be delivered via Skype. Email email@example.com to schedule an appointment with one of our Career Advisors.
- Monday Meetups: In-person drop-in sessions are cancelled until further notice. In the interim, we will deliver sessions as scheduled via our private LinkedIn group. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the group.
- Rapid Resume Reviews: These quickfire review sessions are cancelled until further notice. If you would like your resume reviewed, send a copy to email@example.com and one of our Career Advisors will review it and send feedback for improvements.
For those currently registered for in-person forums, you will be notified and provided alternative online options where available. Also, stay tuned for upcoming online peer-to-peer forum opportunities!