This fall, Todd Scaletta FCPA, FCMA, CPA Alberta’s Senior Vice President, Foresight and Research, will lead a high-level PD session outlining some of the risks and opportunities professional accountants should be aware of in order to prosper in a volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous world. In addition, Larry Brownoff, CPA, CA, CPA Alberta’s Director of Member Engagement and Technical Advisory, will review the wide range of products and services available to Alberta CPAs.
This session will provide insights into:
- Where the profession needs to innovate in order to be relevant going forward
- Significance of reliable data
- Rebuilding the CPA qualification program to position CPAs as data masters
- Skills and competencies required of CPAs to succeed in the future profession
- Role of trust and ethics in a digital age and maintaining public trust
- Importance of maintaining long-term business agility and innovation
- Resources available to equip CPAs for the future
The session may eligible for up to 1.5 hours of professional development.