Are you a CPA looking to help the next generation of CPAs? Do you want to share your vast knowledge and expertise with a young professional? Become a mentor for CPA Alberta’s Career Development Mentorship Program!
CPA Alberta’s Career Development Mentorship Program focuses on assisting CPAs in developing a relationship that can:
- Yield insights and opportunities to expand one’s knowledge of career options;
- Develop or improve upon work-related soft-skills for career progression; and
- Help achieve meaningful career goals.
About the Program
The program supports Alberta CPAs and candidates at all stages of their career, including CPAs with foreign-trained credentials, to develop and explore their career goals.
- Mentors and mentees are screened and asked about their desired goals to encourage the best possible match for the program.
- Mentors provide advice and guidance, as well as share relevant knowledge, perspectives, and experiences.
- Mentees come prepared for each meeting, ready to discuss topics and ask questions important to achieving their career goals.
- Matches are for a ONE year term and mentors and mentees are encouraged to meet virtually at least once per month to review progress and goals.
- Mentors and mentees are required to attend a mentorship training session in November.
- Develop leadership skills;
- Impact and inspire mentees;
- Provide career advice, guidance, and share relevant knowledge;
- Improve communication skills; and
- Learn new perspectives.
- Career advice related to new positions, career changes and career progression;
- Formulate realistic career goals;
- Increase your knowledge of sectors and industries; and
- Improve soft skills.
Virtual mentor training sessions will be held in November to provide both mentors and mentees the tools to encourage productive and goal-oriented online mentoring relationships. This training is intended only for those who are approved for the Career Development Mentorship Program.
- Download the Mentorship Handbook and review the program policies and guidelines located in Chapter 1.
- Contact email@example.com for a copy of the Future Mentorship Form.
- Submit a career summary or resume and your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete an intake call with a program advisor.
- Create a mentor/mentee introductory statement.
- Suitable Mentors will be CPAs in good standing with five (5) or more years of post-designation experience. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of program coordinators.
- This is not the Professional Experience Requirement (PER) Mentorship Program. Candidates or mentors requiring more information on the CPA PER program for practical experience verification, please click here.