Over the past month, CPA Alberta has been working with community partners to help, through virtual platforms, low-income Albertans complete their 2019 tax returns. While the tax deadline of June 1 has passed, the unique circumstances surrounding COVID-19 has caused a delay for several organizations, in particular senior residents, to be able to help their clients access our volunteer program in a virtual capacity. As a result, CPA Alberta is extending the Volunteer Tax Clinic Program to the end of June and presently has a shortage of volunteers to help prepare returns over Zoom and over the phone.
Tax Preparer Qualifications
- Experienced in preparing and filing personal tax returns.
- Possesses a valid and functional eFile number.
- Has access to a computer/laptop with internet connection, webcam audio, and fully functioning microphone.
- Possesses a phone with dial-in capability for conference calls.
- Capable of operating tax software such as ProFile, Ufile or other tax software. (Note, CPA Alberta is able to provide a volunteer ProFile license.)
- Possesses the ability to edit PDF documents.
- Willing to learn how to use ShareFile software for uploading documentation.
- Potentially available to volunteer during morning or afternoons.