Join CPA Assist and Wade King, Director of Safe Disclosure & Human Rights at the University of Alberta, for a free webinar on Sexual Harassment in the Workplace. This webinar will provide a working definition of sexual harassment, resources available to those being harassed, and strategies on how sexual harassment should be handled (policies, procedures etc.) to create an environment of mindfulness and inclusivity.
In addition, the webinar will provide organizations, especially small organizations that do not have an HR department, information about how to develop a reporting policy. Objectives of this webinar are to:
- Provide clear definitions about sexual harassment
- Identify resources and new legislation
- Talk about support available to those currently dealing with this issue
- Discuss implementation strategies and the benefits to an organization of implementing policies and procedures in this area
- Suggest tools and resources on creating a safe, zero-tolerance space
Monday, November 19 – 1:00 pm
About Wade King: Wade is the Director of Safe Disclosure & Human Rights at the University of Alberta. For 2018, he is seconded to the City of Edmonton as an advisor on respectful workplaces. Outside of work, he serves as a member of the board of both the Canadian Association for the Prevention of Discrimination and Harassment in Higher Education (CAPDHHE) and the Edmonton Business Diversity Network. A popular speaker, Wade has over 15 years of experience in the public and post-secondary sectors; primarily in the areas of human rights ( including sexual violence), diversity , inclusion, and safe disclosure. Prior to his current position, he served as the Senior Diversity and Inclusion Consultant with the City of Edmonton.