The Honourable Kerry-Lynne D. Findlay, P.C., Q.C., M.P., Minister of National Revenue, unveiled meaningful and measurable actions that the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will take over the next two years to continue to reduce red tape for businesses. This Action Plan responds to feedback received from small and medium business communities across Canada during the CRA’s 2014 public consultations on red tape reduction.
The CRA’s Action Plan focuses on cutting red tape where it will make the biggest difference for small and medium businesses. It includes:
- improving the accessibility and reliability of CRA telephone services;
- making it easier to find information and services for businesses on the Agency’s website;
- providing information in simple, clear language;
- helping businesses get their tax affairs right from the start by providing early support at key points in the business cycle;
- making more online services and tools available, so businesses can access them at their convenience, 24/7; and
- better explaining the audit process so businesses know what to expect and when.