As of June 13, 2019, most Canada Business Corporations Act (CBCA) corporations will be required to create and maintain a new register called the “Register of individuals with significant control” (ISC Register).
Corporations Canada is inviting CPAs to attend one-hour information and feedback sessions via webinars from late April to mid-May. Participating in these sessions will allow Alberta CPAs to:
- Learn about the new obligations to create and maintain an ISC Register, including:
- who are individuals with significant control (ISC)
- what to include in the register
- corporation and shareholder responsibilities
- guidance tools
- Help Corporations Canada understand what kind of compliance issues businesses may face and what types of tools could help
- Provide input on potential regulations to help clarify the obligations
The specific details of the sessions for CPAs are :
ISC Register Sessions for CPAs
- April 26 from 1 to 2 pm (EST) (English)
- May 10 from 1 to 2 pm (EST) (English)
- May 14 from 10 to 11 am (EST) (French)
Registration will open soon. If you’d like to receive a notification when the webinar registration opens, please subscribe for an email alert on the CPA Canada website.
You can find more information on this issue on the CPA Canada website, here.
If you are unable to attend one of the sessions above, Corporations Canada may offer additional ISC Register information sessions in the future. To express interest in future sessions, email Corporations Canada at IC.corporationscanada.IC@canada.ca.