CPA Alberta is launching a new monthly drop-in job search event! Called “Monday Meetup,” this event targeted at job seekers will start in February. It is designed to be informal and unstructured, with no formal agenda or presentations, and will consist primarily of peer-support, with input from CPA Alberta career advisors. Monday Meetups will allow CPAs, candidates and pre-requisite students to:
- Network with fellow job seekers to exchange ideas with each other on job search strategies.
- Brush up on job search skills and tactics.
- Further develop skills and knowledge related to:
- Leveraging social media
- Accessing hidden job markets
- Conducting market research
- Polishing cover letters and resumes
- Interviewing Skills
- Following proper post-interview etiquette
- Developing resilience techniques
- Find out what’s happening in the local Hidden Job Market.
- Receive expert job search help and advice from our in-house Career Advisors.
The first Meetup of the Series will be on February 11th from 9:00 – 11:30 am. Just drop-in—no registration is required.
The meetup will take place in the Calgary and Edmonton CPA Alberta offices.
Edmonton: Suite 1900, 10088 102 Ave, TD Tower
Calgary: Suite 800, 444 7th Ave SW