Viewpoints: IFRS 11 and Direct Working Interests (oil and gas)
This Viewpoints document is designed to help junior oil and gas companies account for interest in a joint arrangement that is not structured through a separate vehicle.
Prepared by Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada), the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP), and the Explorers and Producers Association of Canada (EPAC), the document covers topics such as:
- how to determine joint control
- two types of joint arrangements under IFRS 11
- accounting for a joint operation and an acquisition of an interest in a joint operation
- disclosure requirements for entities involved in joint arrangements under IFRS 12 Disclosure of Interests in Other Entities.
Download the full Viewpoints: IFRS 11 and Direct Working Interests (Oil and gas).
Viewpoints: Decommissioning liabilities in business combination (mining)
Gain insights into how to account for decommissioning liabilities assumed in a business combination, the application approaches that exist in practice and the expected changes to standards.
Download the full Viewpoints: Decommissioning liabilities in business combination (Mining).
Viewpoints: Capitalizing borrowing costs (mining)
Developed jointly by Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) and the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC), this paper covers:
- defining a qualifying asset
- assessing probable future economic benefit
- consistency between accounting policy choices
- costs not eligible for capitalization
- suspension and cessation of capitalization and impairment
Download the full Viewpoints: Capitalizing borrowing costs (Mining)