A meeting of the CPA Alberta Board was held virtually on June 18, 2020. Below is a summary of the significant discussion items/decisions from the meeting.
- In his Chair’s Report, Darrell Jones FCPA, FCMA thanked CPA Alberta CEO Rachel Miller FCPA, FCA for her three and half years of service as chair of the national Council of Chief Executives (CCE). Rachel stepped down from the role earlier this year. Darrell also noted the plans to deliver the September 20 CFE in-person with appropriate precautions, and acknowledged the work done throughout the profession across the country to formulate and execute this plan.
- The Board approved the CPA Alberta annual report and financial statements for the year-ended March 31, 2020 as presented.
- The Board moved to recommend to the membership that Grant Thornton LLP be appointed as CPA Alberta external auditor. This recommendation will be presented and voted on at the CPA Alberta Annual General Meeting, being held virtually on September 23, 2020.
- Two appointments were made to the Practice Review Committee, and Phoebe Elliot CPA, CA was appointed chair of that committee.
- It was also noted that the Practice Review Committee is seeking a public member.
The next scheduled CPA Alberta Board Meeting is September 23, 2020.