The Board of Directors of CPA Alberta held a regular meeting on June 20, 2019, in Edmonton. Below is a recap of significant decisions/discussions at the meeting.
- In his Chair’s Report, Chair Curtis Palichuk FCPA, FCA expressed his pleasure that the Government of Alberta’s new Minister of Labour, the Honourable Jason Copping, was able to join the profession at the Elevate Awards Gala event in June. The Chartered Professional Act, the legislation the profession falls under, falls under Minister Copping’s area of responsibility. CPA Alberta looks forward to working with the Minister to continue to fulfill our mandate under the Act.
- The Chair also noted the success of Elevate 2019, which saw more than 2100 attendees at a variety of events to connect, learn, and celebrate the achievements of the profession in the past year.
- The Board approved the annual report and financial statements as presented and recommended the membership re-appoint RSM Canada LLP as auditors of CPA Alberta at the Annual General Meeting on September 26.
- The Board made a number of appointments:
- Re-appointed Phoebe Elliot CPA, CA; Christopher Jurkschat CPA, CA; and Douglas Kroetsch CPA, CA to the Practice Review Committee for a three-year term
- Appointed Faye Brown CPA, CA as Chair of the Registration Committee
- Elected by ballot Damian Zapisocky CPA, CA to the position of Vice Chair of the CPA Alberta Board, for a two-year term effective at the September 26, 2019, AGM
The next scheduled meeting of the CPA Alberta Board is September 26, 2019.