As you may know, after a comprehensive planning process, the CPA profession recently announced its plan to deliver the September 2020 Common Final Examination (CFE) in-person, in a manner that recognizes physical distancing guidelines and seeks to address public health concerns associated with COVID-19.
To ensure that there is enough support to administer the examination, the CPA Western School of Business is seeking volunteer invigilators. You still have time to volunteer to for the position and give back to the profession while supporting future CPAs!
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete this brief questionnaire by July 24, 2020.
This role is open to CPAs in good standing and non-CPAs who are available for six to eight hours on each day of the CFE (September 9-11, 2020).
As an invigilator, your responsibilities are:
- Oversee their assigned candidates for the duration of the exam, including start-up and close down procedures. Watch for dishonest practices and prohibited items.
- Distribute exam question booklets to their assigned candidates at the exam start time.
- Collect the signature cards from each of their assigned candidates and provides them to their floor supervisor for attendance.
- At the end of each exam day, assist the floor supervisor in checking each candidates’ computer screen for confirmation that candidate uploaded their responses for marking.
- On each day of the exam, responsible for completing a reconciliation sheet for their assigned candidates which includes documenting that candidates are in attendance in each hotel room and documenting confirmation of exam and rough note booklet collection and USBs for each candidate.
- On the last day of the exam, assist with the packing up of laptops and supplies for their assigned rooms.
About the CFE delivery approach
CPA candidates will write the September 2020 CFE at multiple hotels across the country, where each candidate will be assigned their own hotel room for the duration of their examination. Within each room, candidates will have access to their own washroom and writing desk.
During the examination, hotel room doors will remain open and the writing desk will be visible from the hallway. Candidates and invigilators, as required, will be the only ones permitted to access the rooms.
The safety of candidates, staff, and volunteers is a top priority for the CPA profession. To that end, there will be a number of health and safety measures in place at the CFE to mitigate the risks associated with COVID-19. Although these measures are subject to change as health and safety guidelines continue to evolve, CPA currently contemplates the following:
- Personal protection equipment (including face masks and gloves) will be provided to each candidate, supervisor, and invigilator every day of the CFE. Everyone will be required to wear such personal protection equipment when in the common areas of the building (i.e., lobby, elevator, hallways, etc.).
- To maintain social distancing guidelines, start times will be staggered, as needed, to minimize the number of candidates entering and exiting the hotel at the same time.
- Candidates and invigilators, as required, will be the only ones permitted to access the rooms.
- Each invigilator will be responsible for monitoring a small number of candidates.
If you have any questions about this volunteer opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.