If the idea of providing performing artists in their senior years with opportunities to share their talents with the Calgary community and surrounding area appeals to you, consider joining the Senior Performing Arts Canada’s Board of Directors!
Senior Performing Arts Canada are looking for a Chair of Finance and Audit Committee, Member of Finance & Audit Committee of the Board. The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Carry out all duties and expectations of a member of the Board of Directors
- Quarterly review of financial results and monitoring against approved plans and budgets, and inform board for the purpose of determining any actions to be taken.
- Assist with the selection and recommended appointment of the External Auditor, meet with the auditor at least annually and approve the scope and plan for the annual audit.
- Chair Finance and Audit Committee meetings and ensure annual work plan of the committee is completed
- Ensure that appropriate financial policies are approved and implemented effectively in the organization.
The duration for this position is long-term, ongoing (6+ months) and 1-2 years of previous board experience is an asset.
Interested in applying? Contact Colin Griffin at (403) 229-2603 or email@example.com.
This volunteer opportunity was originally posted by the Alberta Community Ambassadors. Their mission is to connect Alberta Designated Accountants with not-for-profit organizations to offer financial expertise, leadership, and guidance using their unique skill set.