The Auditing and Assurance Standards Oversight Council (AASOC) is seeking a new member to appoint to the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (AASB).
Are you interested in contributing to auditing and assurance standard setting in Canada? Do you want to help ensure standards are set in the public interest?
The AASB is currently developing a new strategic plan that is shaped by several environmental factors, including the following:
- Advancements in, and use of emerging technology
- Challenges in providing assurance services to small and medium-sized entities.
- Increasing complexity of the business environment and accounting practices.
- Changing reporting needs of stakeholders.
- Changing expectations of the public and confidence in audits.
Applications are due February 28, 2020.