The first annual celebration of the profession, Elevate 2016: Celebrating Progress and Achievement, wrapped up on June 6 with the Edmonton Chapter Golf Tournament. Over the course of 10 days, more than 3,100 people from all over the province attended 15 events in both Edmonton and Calgary.
Highlights from Elevate 2016 include:
- Welcoming 270 of the first-ever CPA Professional Education Program graduates into the profession at the CPA convocations in Calgary and Edmonton.
- Honouring 23 remarkable individuals at the first CPA Alberta Achievement Awards. The best of the profession were acknowledged in the following categories: Early Achievement Award, Distinguished Service Award, Fellow of the Chartered Professional Accountants (FCPA), Lifetime Achievement Award and CPA Education Foundation Impact Award.
- Hearing compelling speakers discuss “success, innovation, and progress in challenging times” at the annual Accountability Summit, which also included a keynote from Olympic Gold Medalist and the host of Amazing Race Canada, Jon Montgomery.
- Having Alberta CPAs and their families make memories and have fun at the sold-out Family Day events at the Calgary Zoo and Jurassic Forest.
- Listening to internationally-renowned speaker Amanda Lindhout inspire attendees and share her experiences as a former war reporter in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as the 460 days she spent as a hostage in Somalia, during the second installation of the CPA Assist Speaker Series.
- Raising $5000 at the Edmonton Chapter Charity Golf Tournament. Proceeds went to the Edmonton and Area Land Trust.
Click here for a glimpse of the exciting moments that took place during Elevate 2016.
Thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate the CPA profession in Alberta. A special thank you goes out to our sponsors for supporting Elevate 2016:
- MacEwan University School of Business
- BDC (Business Development Bank of Canada)
- Etelligent Solutions Inc.
- The Shaw Conference Centre
- Agriculture Financial Services Corporation
- Felesky Flynn LLP
- University of Lethbridge
- Robert Half
- Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta
- Office of the Auditor General
Be sure to check the CPA Alberta website and your email inbox in the coming months for news about Elevate 2017!